Monday 23 June 2014

23/6/2014

I've done it!!!! It's been the hardest thing I've ever done but strangely one of the most enjoyable.
I've met some real characters this weekend and it was great to be amongst others who don't think running is some sort of mental ailment.
Some people have said that "the wall" is  an expensive event and perhaps it is but I found it well organised for the most part and despite the heat on day one really enjoyable.
I wouldn't have done this without firstly the support of my wife, who has made me eat the right stuff and enough of it and also say you're doing to much or "are you not running today"
Also thanks to all who have offered advice/encouragement including Curly, Stu and Gaynor who said
"after the first day eat plenty eat some more rest well get up and do it again, simple"
Big cheers to "Dougie Express" for the last five or so miles and an epic finish (and the cider)
I would recommend this to anyone but put in the training and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment